19 Nov

A urogynecologist is actually a surgeon that specialized in urology and gynecology; they handle cases that refer to women's disorders located in the pelvic area.

You should know that the female's internal organs that are within the pelvic region will be the vagina, bladder and uterus; these are the organs that these Urogynecologist look closely.

You have to understand that when the pelvic area is weakened due to a number of natural causes like childbirth, menopause and excessive strain, this could cause some disorders like the pelvic floor disorder. Other than the mentioned natural causes on top, there are also other reasons why pelvic floor disorder could happen to you like smoking cigarettes, genetics and lifting heavy weights over and over again.

If you want to watch out for these problems, here is a list of the different causes of damages by the pelvic region.

Incontinence is a problem that can happen to you; this is when one lacks the control over her urination as well as defecation or bowel movement. Immense pressure can cause the pelvic organs to slip down; that is what they call the prolapse.

Emptying disorders is also another problem that can happen to you; imagine not being able to urinate or move bowel, that is not a pretty sight at all.

Pain is going to be with you all the time; pain in the pelvis, bladder or urethra as well on the lower back part of the body.

If you keep on urinating even without drinking too much fluids, it is possible that you have an overactive bladder; another problem in the pelvic area.

Fistulas; this is a surgical hole made between your urethra and vagina and the rectum and the vagina and a bladder and a vagina.

Now that you know what you are going up against, it is about time to know more about what a urogynecologist can do.

You need to know that a urogynecologist is someone who has earned a degree in medical school. You have to understand that the these students will have to do their residency in the department of urology, obstetrics and gynecology to get more knowledge about the specialization they want. These are doctors who are certified Urogyn surgeons. They can do both non surgical and surgical processes on their patients if needed. They have undergone training for evaluating, diagnosing and treating conditions that will be within the pelvic region where their area of expertise is focused on.

If you are having some issues within your pelvic area then it would be best if you spend some time finding a good doctor to help you; this is an area where you should never overlook because the problems that come up from this is going to be serious. You must check this out: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/pamela-madsen/tips-for-a-happy-vagina_b_6835938.html!

* The email will not be published on the website.